1. Grimsby Town manager Paul Hurst has been in ‘sole’ charge since September 2013.
2. Grimsby currently occupy 3rd ‘plaice’ in the Skrill Conference Premier table, winning 73 points from their 42 games thus far.
3. Alex Rodman, wearing number 23 has had 38 total shots this season, with 37 on target. He’s had numerous oppor-‘tuna’-ties to score but only has seven to his name this campaign.
4. Between October 19th and Boxing Day of last year, Grimsby ‘haddock’-racking run of games where they avoided defeat, where they picked up 17 points in the league, and played seven cup games.
5. Famous ex-managers of Grimsby include Bill Shankly, Lawrie McMenemy & Mike Newell.
6. Grimsby have played their games at Blundell Park, in Cleethorpes since 1899!
7. Keep your eyes peeled for Mighty Mariner, the ‘legendary GTFC pole dancing mascot’, who warms up with the mascots on the day. Mighty Mariner got the solo gig after Mini Mariner was dropped in 1998.
8. Adam Richman, of Man vs Food fame, claims to be a fan of Grimsby as well as Tottenham Hotspur because the Mariners were “the plucky underdog” in the 2013 FA Trophy Final. Elsewhere Sacha Baron Cohen has been spotted in a Grimsby shirt this season.
9. Paul Hurst made ten changes to his side as they fell 1-0 at Dartford last week; before making a raft of changes before the Chester game on Saturday.
10. Grimsby won twice at Wembley in the 1997/98 season as they beat Bournemouth to win the Football League Trophy, and Northampton to win the Division Two (as was) play-offs.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist