Key information regarding safeguarding is contained within this section.
The Board of Directors of FC Halifax Town are fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and vulnerable groups. All staff, players and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to support and develop a culture of safeguarding vigilance across the organisation.
The Club makes provisions for children and young people, young players and adults at risk through adherence to and understanding of the FC Halifax Town Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, including a robust recruitment process, ensuring that:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of vulnerable groups is of paramount importance.
- All children and adults at risk of harm, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse, exploitation and poor practice.
- The club will work to empower young people and adults at risk to safeguard themselves and develop their resilience to harm or abuse.
- Staff have a responsibility to act on a suspicion or disclosure which suggests an adult at risk or a child may be at risk of harm. Any concerns will be reported to the club Safeguarding Manager and/or Designated Safeguarding Officers.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- FC Halifax Town have a responsibility to fully support anyone who in good faith reports their concerns that a child or adult at risk is, or may be, being abused or mistreated.
Signed on behalf of the Board of FC Halifax Town