FC Halifax Town will make the 400 mile round trip this weekend to face Braintree Town in the first game of the season.
Here are 10 things about our hosts:
- Braintree Town FC are based in Essex.
- Braintree’s stadium capacity is 4,222 but only 553 seated.
- The club was formed in 1898 (120 years ago) as Manor Works, the works team of the Crittall Window Company, from which they gained their nickname Iron.
- Braintree got promoted to the National league this year via the play offs after beating Hampton & Richmond on penalties and finishing 6th in the National league south.
- They’ve had several club names such as Crittall Athletic, Braintree & Crittall Athletic. It wasn’t till 1981 they renamed to Braintree FC.
- The last time these two clubs faced each other Braintree came out 2-0 winners back in 2016.
- Braintree’s record attendance is 4,000 back in 1935-36 season in the Essex cup against Barking.
- Their highest league position is 3rd in the national league back in 2015-16 season.
- Braintree got deducted a point last season for fielding an ineligible player for two games.
- Braintree’s manager is their record appearance maker with a total of 546 appearances.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town