The FC Halifax Town Youth Team and Centre of Excellence players are back in pre-season training.
If you would be interested in finding out more about the programme or wish to trial email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not provide accommodation and recruit locally based players who can commute from home each day.
Successful players will be offered a two-year scholarship on one of our football and education programmes, which include:
- Technical/tactical training: 6-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Strength & conditioning: weekly training sessions aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Competition: weekly fixtures in the National League Academy League, FA Youth Cup, AOC league and cup alongside with ESFA National Cup.
- OPTION A: BTEC Level 2 or 3 Sport. A fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications leading to university.
- OPTION B: The Trade Academy, this pathway offers players the opportunity to learn a trade (a number of trade options are available) whilst following the football programme.
- Pathway: opportunity to progress towards the FC Halifax Town First Team.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
There are many benefits and pathways leading on from success on our programme. Our ultimate ambition is to create a programme that will give young players the best possible chance of progressing towards our first team. In addition the education pathway offers a fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications and gives an insight into the football and sports industry providing the opportunity to enhance skills and career potential.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist