FC Halifax Town Youth Team are always looking to identify talent and develop the future generation of players.
We are holding an open evening and trial on Monday 14thJune, 6.00pm at Calderdale College for locally based players in the under 16/17 (school year 11/12) age group. If you would be interested in finding out further information about our youth team and shadow team programme register your attendance by clicking here to complete the form.
The open evening will provide the opportunity to find out further information about our youth team scholarship, ask questions, meet staff, see our facilities and trial for the team.
Successful players will be offered a two-year scholarship with FC Halifax Town Youth or Shadow Squads and will combine studying with full time professional football training. In summary the programme includes:
- Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above, covering team training, technical sessions and position specific sessions.
- Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup, the National League Academy League and the WRCFA U23 Development League.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
OPTION A: BTEC Level 2 or 3 Sport. A fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications leading to university.
OPTION B: The Trade Academy, this pathway offers players the opportunity to learn a trade (a number of trade options are available) whilst following the football programme
- Status & pathway: we are a fully recognised National League Academy and provide a pathway for talented players to progress towards the FC Halifax Town first team.
Our youth team programme is developing a strong reputation for its professionalism and player development, most notably; Carl Rushworth (England U20 & Brighton FC) and Jay Benn (FC Halifax Town first team).
To register your interest please complete the form on the link above and we will see you on Monday 14th June.
If you have any further questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist