f you have left school or leaving school and interested in continuing your football development combined with your education register your interest in our youth team programme.
The youth team operates for players in the U17/18/19 age groups (season 2020/21). We do NOT provide accommodation and therefore recruit locally based players and can commute to Halifax daily.
Currently, it is unclear when we will be able to return to training, hold trials or hold an open evening to provide further information about our programme. We are also conscious that players without GCSE exams will be keen to make decisions with regards to their academic and football progression.
FC Halifax Town offer two programmes in partnership with Calderdale College:
- FC Halifax Town Youth Team
- FC Halifax Town and Calderdale College Centre of Excellence
The Centre of Excellence programme offers a pathway towards the FC Halifax Town youth team. Indeed, two players last season were promoted from the Centre of Excellence and are now part of the youth team squad. Our programmes include:
- Technical/tactical training: 6-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Strength & conditioning: weekly training sessions aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Specific GK sessions: delivered by qualified GK coaches, overseen by the first team GK Coach
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
- Competition: weekly fixtures in the National League Academy League and Cup, FA Youth Cup, AOC League and Cup alongside with ESFA National Cup.
- OPTION A: BTEC Level 2 or 3 Sport. A fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications leading to university.
- OPTION B: The Trade Academy, this pathway offers players the opportunity to learn a trade (a number of trade options are available) whilst following the football programme.
To find out further information and register your interest please complete the form by clicking here.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist