FC Halifax Town Academy and Youth Team are always looking to identify talent and develop the future generation.
The Shaymen are holding goalkeepers only trials for the 2020/21 season. If you are currently in school year 11 (U16), live within reasonable travelling distance of the Shay Stadium and believe you have the ambition to become a professional GK register your interest to attend an open trial.
Successful GKs will be awarded a youth team scholarship with FC Halifax Town youth team; a recognised National League Football Academy and will combine studying towards a BTEC Sport qualification with full time professional football training. The programme includes:
- Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Specific GK sessions: delivered by qualified GK coaches, overseen by the first team GK Coach
- Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup and the National League Academy League.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
- Education: 12 hours of theoretical study following the BTEC Sport qualification.
Our GK programme has proved to be a great success and given many young footballers an outlook into the footballing world. The most notably graduate being, Carl Rushworth (Brighton and England U19s), whilst Jack Atkinson and Kyle Trenerry are progressing as young GKs at National League North level.
To register your interest in a trial contact email@example.com
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town