The bucket collection before and after the Wrexham game will be for FC Halifax Town’s charitable arm, the FC Halifax Town Foundation.
There are six Foundation trustees Rachel Goult (Chair), Roger Bottomley (Treasurer), Sarah Maligranda (Safeguarding), Asad Qureshi, Kelly Gilchrist and Clem Rushworth
The Foundation’s vision is to
- Offer inclusive sport and play, inspiring participation and achievement
- Help individuals and families to develop healthier, happier lives
The Foundation has been operating as a charity for over a year now and the Trustees work very closely and successfully with Steve Nichol and Nick Walker to help towards the achievement of these goals. Over the last year they have
- Kept children active during lockdown with online sessions and home training plans and skills videos
- Supported Calderdale Royal Hospital’s Christmas gift appeal, and sent videos of first team players reading Christmas stories
- Delivered community coaching sessions for children aged 5-16 years
- Delivered activity sessions in local schools
- Created a football based exercise and healthy living guides for young footballers and their families
- Launched holiday courses, in partnership with Healthy Holidays Calderdale, to ensure local children have access to activities and healthy meals over school holidays
Key to its continuing success is the understandable need to attract grants/donations from diverse sources and, in this respect, the Charity Trustees hope that as many supporters as possible attending the Wrexham game will donate what they can.
Thank you in anticipation of any help you can give.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist