FC Halifax Town Youth Team
Find out about our unique football and education programme from the comfort of your own home.
During the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions FC Halifax Town are holding a virtual open evening on Thursday 4th June 2020, 7pm.
Complete the online form to register your attendance at the event. The open evening will provide the opportunity to find out further information about our youth team scholarship and the trial process.
The programme includes:
- Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup, National League Academy League, ECFA and AOC leagues.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
- Education: 12 hours of theoretical study following the BTEC Sport qualification.
There are many benefits and pathways leading on from success on our programme. Our ultimate ambition is to create a programme that will give young players the best possible chance of progressing towards our first team. In addition the education pathway offers a fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications and gives an insight into the football and sports industry providing the opportunity to enhance skills and career potential.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist