FC Halifax Town is offering an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our Youth Team Medical team. This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to apply and develop their skills within a professional football club environment and to work with young footballers within a thriving Club Academy.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is highly motivated, hardworking, and passionate about working within football. The successful candidate will primarily be based at the Academy training ground (Calderdale College). This is a part-time role covering three morning or afternoon sessions and some flexibility to evening, weekend or away fixtures may be required.
- Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy degree.
- Full clean driving licence.
- The role is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Intermediate Trauma and Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF).
- Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF).
- Lead the provision of medical services throughout the Youth Team programme (players aged 16-19 years).
- Provide medical cover including training and game cover.
- Lead with the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injured Youth Team players.
- Work closely with the First Team Physiotherapist and the coaching department, ensuring all aspects of player diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation are communicated.
- Maintain accurate medical notes and player treatment plans.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
How to apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on Monday 9th May 2022.
FC Halifax Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role involves the supervision of and working with children and young people. As the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
FC Halifax Town commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender assignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion, ability or disability, pregnancy, or maternity and to encourage equal opportunities (Protected Characteristics, Equality Act 2010). Employees of FC Halifax Town must ensure a positive commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusion by treating others fairly and not committing any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist