Job Title: Youth & Academy Football Coach
Location: Calderdale College
Qualifications: FA Level 3 (desirable)
FA Safeguarding Children
FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football
Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
Role: Part Time, approximately 20-hrs, competitive salary depending on experience
Deadline: Monday 27th July 2020
In partnership, FC Halifax Town and Calderdale College are seeking to appoint a coach to provide high quality coaching to players within the Centre of Excellence programme in addition to FC Halifax Town’s developing Academy programme.
The post holder will be responsible for coaching one of the Centre of Excellence teams and support the development of the FC Halifax Town Academy and Development programme.
With strong leadership, management and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the successful candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop players. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of FC Halifax Town/Calderdale College Football and Education partnership and have an impact on the development of the young players in the programme.
- Lead coach of one of the Centre of Excellence teams (U17-19 years).
- Lead coach of one of FC Halifax Town Academy group age groups (U10-13).
- Plan and deliver session plans in accordance with Youth Team coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club and College.
- Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provide feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
- Organise the team on match days, kit and equipment appropriate for fixtures.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment set-up and security, where appropriate.
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety protocols are followed.
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date for applications is at 5pm on 27th July 2020.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist