FC Halifax Town Foundation is offering an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our Community and Academy delivery team.
The combined academy and community coach will be responsible for coaching players aged 5-16 within the development and academy programme, lead sessions in local schools and support the delivery of community initiatives during school holidays.
This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to apply and develop their skills within a professional football club environment. We are looking for a proactive individual who is highly motivated, hardworking, and passionate about working with young people and in football/sport.
Starting Salary (Part-Time)
£15,000 – this is a part-time role approximately 15-20 hours delivery each week but with the potential to grow into a full-time position in football.
- FA Level 1 or Level 2 (desirable).
- Level 1/experience delivering other sports or multi-sports.
- FA Safeguarding Children.
- FA Introduction to First Aid in Football.
- Full clean driving licence.
- The role is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Plan and deliver sessions for players ranging from 5-16 years in accordance with coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club.
- Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provide feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment set up and security, where appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are complied with at all times.
- Responsible for undertaking all administrative tasks associated with the position such a registers, attendance patterns and session planning logs.
- Support with recruitment, retention and longer-term progression of players.
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the club’s services.
- Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on Friday 15th July.
FC Halifax Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role involves the supervision of and working with children and young people. As the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
FC Halifax Town commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender assignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion, ability or disability, pregnancy, or maternity and to encourage equal opportunities (Protected Characteristics, Equality Act 2010). Employees of FC Halifax Town must ensure a positive commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusion by treating others fairly and not committing any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist