FC Halifax Town is seeking to appoint a coach to work on a part-time basis within our Academy and Shadow Squad programme.
The coach would be required to work on a Monday and Friday leading sessions from 2.00-4.00pm (U17/19) and 5.30-7.00pm (U11-14), alongside fixtures on a Wednesday and Saturday.
A successful candidate would be committed and passionate in the development of football players with a strong coaching background working with players of this age, whilst also possessing leadership and organisational skills to inspire, champion and develop players.
The role includes leading a specific age group within both programmes and overing fixtures.
Salary: Dependent on experience
- FA Level 2 or UEFA B.
- FA Safeguarding Children.
- FA Introduction to First Aid in Football.
- Full clean driving licence.
- The role is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in alignment with the coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club.
- Plan and lead matchday fixtures (weekly).
- Work closely with Lead Coaches to organise player logistics for training sessions, fixtures and events.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions/fixtures, responsible for equipment set up and security, where appropriate.
- Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provide feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
- Lead the player review process and support with recruitment, retention and longer-term progression of players in the specific age group.
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the club’s services generally being a good ambassador for FC Halifax Town.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders building strong communication channels with Lead Coaches.
How to apply:
Applications including CV should be submitted to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on Friday 29th September 2023.
FC Halifax Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role involves the supervision of and working with children and young people. As the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
FC Halifax Town commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender assignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion, ability or disability, pregnancy, or maternity and to encourage equal opportunities (Protected Characteristics, Equality Act 2010). Employees of FC Halifax Town must ensure a positive commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusion by treating others fairly and not committing any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist