As we move forward on the roadmap out of lockdown and the eagerly anticipated return of fans to stadia. The following outlines the plan by which fans will be able to watch our last home game of the season against Chesterfield FC. We must stress this plan is provisional on the basis of the guidance that is currently in place and could be changed depending on the next update from the DCMS.
We have been in discussion with Calderdale Council, Public Health Calderdale & our SAG group all of which have been supportive in the safe return of supporters to The Shay Stadium.
We’d ask that patience is shown as guidelines can change which may mean our approach has to adapt to meet the necessary procedures. Remember we want nothing more than to have our fans back at The Shay.
The following will be in place for the Chesterfield fixture only.
- Currently, there will be no standing permitted at the Shay
- The East & part of the West Stand will be open
- Currently, there will be no away fans
- Streaming will continue to be in place
- Adult season ticket holders will be given first priority to seats in the East Stand
- FREE kids’ season tickets will not be permitted in the East Stand – unfortunately we simply can’t seat all our paying adult season ticket holders with the social distancing guidelines that are in place
- Second priority will then be given to 12-17 season ticket holders and Gold Supporters’ Club members who are not a season ticket holder (a match ticket will need to be purchased in advance)
- Third priority will then be given to Supporters’ Club members and those season ticket holders who have purchased a season ticket for the 20/21 season and have chosen the option ‘to defer’ until 21/22 season. (in these cases a match ticket will need to be purchased in advance and clear information regarding this will be provided nearer the time)
- Once these priority groups have been seated we’ll then open tickets up for general sale subject to any availability. These will need to be purchased in advance and within a deadline. Again, clear information regarding this process will be provided nearer the time.
- You will be able to form a seating ‘football bubble’
- You will not be able to pick your seat(s) as before, seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis (we will have a lot of people to seat and very little time to process)
- For those people forming a ‘football bubble’ we’d ask you to nominate one person to arrange your seating options and ensure they have all the correct personal details for each person requiring a seat (Name, Postcode & Contact No.)
- We can’t tell you how many seats will be available, as this is dependent on the amount of season ticket holders taking their seats and the ‘football bubbles’ formed
- Once we open up the season ticket holder priority group, season ticket holders will have 48 hrs to arrange their seating plans, after this we will move to the next group
- If you are a season ticket holder and want to bring an under 12 you will be dealt with in the first priority group but you will be seated in the West Stand and you’ll need to purchase an Under 12s match ticket
- If you have any urgent questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll communicate further as soon as we have more news and we’re ready to start the seating process
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist