Following on from an emphatic 2-1 home victory over high-flying Chorley FC last time out, FC Halifax Town can now focus on producing a good run of form to close the gap to the play-off spots.
A trip to The Lamb Ground, the home of Tamworth FC, is up next for Billy Heath’s men as they look to make it two wins from two this week. Here are some things you may not have known about this weekend’s hosts.
1) Tamworth FC was formed after the previous club, Tamworth Castle, folded in 1933.
2) The club have never made it into the Football League, their highest league finish being 15th in the 2004/05 Conference National.
3) The Lambs play their home games at The Lamb Ground which became the first Vanarama National League North stadium to lay a new 3G pitch at the end of last season.
4) Andy Morrell, who took over as Tamworth manager back in 2014, is registered as a player-manager for the club. The striker and boss has made almost 30 appearances for the Lambs and scored four goals.
5) Current Shaymen forward Richard Peniket was signed from Tamworth in 2014. After making over 40 appearances during the 2013/14 season, Peniket made the move to West Yorkshire and has made over 60 appearances in the blue of FC Halifax Town so far.
6) The town of Tamworth is twinned with a town of the same name in New South Wales, Australia.
7) Tamworth has had many notable residents over the years, including Everton and Wales footballer Ashley Williams, Leicester City winger Marc Albrighton and former Iron Maiden frontman Blaze Bayley.
8) During the Roman Empire, Tamworth was declared as the capital of Mercia, the largest kingdom in new England. This is due to its positioning next to meeting points of the rivers Tame and Anker which were useful for trading purposes.
9) The Reliant car company, famous for manufacturing the three-wheeled Reliant Robin, was based in Tamworth until 2001.
10) Finally, Tamworth is home to The Snowdome, the UK’s first full-sized real-snow indoor ski slope. It opened in 1994 and also includes a swimming pool and gym.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist