The second tough game for FC Halifax Town in four days comes in the form of Sutton United on Tuesday night at the MBi Shay Stadium.
The Shaymen pulled off a superb upset against 3rd placed Boreham Wood on Saturday, coming away 2-1 winners, and will be looking to do the same again against high flying Sutton.
The Shaymen’s form has been superb as of late, losing just one game in their last eight which came against high scoring AFC Fylde.
Aside from that, Town have won four games and drawn three, with impressive wins against Woking, Dagenham and Hartlepool which has all but secured safety for the Shaymen.
Sutton’s form as of late has taken a turn for the worse, however they remain in second place in the National League.
The U’s have lost three of their last four games, suffering defeats to Fylde, Maidstone and fell to a hefty 3-0 defeat at home to Bromley.
However, Sutton have still won five of their last eight games, admittedly all against bottom half sides, in the form of Chester, Solihull Moors, Woking, Guiseley and Torquay.
Let’s look at some more pre-match stats ahead of this clash:
- Halifax and Sutton have both taken 15 points from their last eight games, out of a possible 24.
- However, at home, the Shaymen are unbeaten in their last four. (3W, 1D)
- Sutton, on the other hand, have only picked up one win from their last four away games, also picking up one draw and two losses.
- The U’s have scored in 80% of their games on the road in the National League this season.
- There is a chance for some late drama in this game, with Sutton United conceding almost a third of their goals in the 75th minute or later. (32%)
- Regardless of their recent form, Sutton boast the fourth best away form in the league, picking up 34 points from 20 games away from home.
- They also have the fifth best attacking statistics in the league, with 61 goals scored in their 41 games this season.
- Halifax have kept more clean sheets than Sutton this season, managing to keep the opposition out in 37% of their games, compared to The U’s 32%.
- Sutton United have conceded at least two goals in their last three games,
- Halifax have conceded 52 goals this season in the National League, compared to Sutton’s 47.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town