FC Halifax Town is seeking to appoint a Youth Team Strength and Conditioning Coach to support the strategic development and provide high quality coaching to youth team players at the club.
Reporting to the Head of Youth Football Development and Lead Coach, the post holder will be responsible for coaching youth team players and supporting the development of the infrastructure in order to ensure continued progress towards a high performance programme.
With strong leadership, management and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop youth team players. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of FC Halifax Town and have an impact on the development of the youth team players at the club.
The role is part time likely to be two possibly three contacts per week.
Job title:Youth Team Strength & Conditioning Coach
Reports to:Head of Youth Football Development and Lead Coach
Location:FC Halifax Town Youth Team training base
Salary:Dependent on experience
Job purpose:To lead and ensure the strong delivery of coaching sessions inline with the clubs philosophy of player development, to support the development of the infrastructure to ensure the delivery of a high level performance programme. Our programme requires strong coaching and leadership to build on our systems, processes, development structure to create a winning team culture.
Success profile:The following set out the competency profile of the ‘ideal’ candidate for this role. Applicants are not required to have all elements.
· BSc degree in Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning or working towards an MSc Strength and Conditioning or equivalent is desirable
· Level 2 or 3 Gym Instructors Award
· UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) accreditation
· Experience delivering gym and field based sessions to performance athletes
· Experience of planning and managing a strength and conditioning programme
· Experience in delivering fitness testing
· Knowledge of how to build and develop sport science within a coaching team
· A broad knowledge of athletes’ physiological responses to training
· Committed to pursuing a career in strength and conditioning
· Experience of working with 16-19 year old players and ability to effectively communicate with this age group is desirable.
This position has become available due to the current coach being recruited into a full time position by Manchester City FC. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring S&C coach to gain practical experience and fine tune their skills in a performance environment.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on 14/08/16. If you have not been asked for interview by 29/08/16, then please assume that your application will not be taken any further.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist