Newsreel: Bringing you up to speed on Club news
Good afternoon and thank you for your continued patience as we navigate our way through this enforced break.
Firstly a huge thank you to everyone who has donated via the supporters’ club or directly to the club, it’s been a valiant effort and you’ve really helped us to keep ticking over during the absence of any match-day income.
We’d like to bring you up to speed on a few topics outside of the highly anticipated decision on the playoffs . . . which of course we’ll share details with you, once we can. As at the time of writing there’s no news, which is terribly frustrating for us all. One snippet of news is we’re hopeful the 20/21 campaign is likely to start towards the middle/end of September with fans present at grounds. However as with everything, this could change if the Government adjust their thinking.
So a quick roundup of where we’re at.
• The pitch is in great shape and ready to go for next season – the ground staff have been relentless over the past few months in getting the pitch up to scratch – A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED
• Our new home shirt is ready and currently sitting at adidas, we’ll launch this once the sponsorship deals have been finalised.
• Our new away shirt is also ready; we’re just waiting for the go ahead from our new sponsors, this is imminent.
• Our 19/20 corporate sponsors have all been amazing whether that has been settling their accounts despite their own business issues or agreeing new partnership deals, we can’t thank them enough for their unequivocal support.
• The players and manager have now called nearly 100 fans over the last 10 weeks, we’ve celebrated Birthdays over the phone, pick me up calls, a couple of wedding anniversaries. . . it’s been great for us to engage with so many fans personally.
• Our shout-out messages have also gone down really well; with lots of you getting in touch wanting to use our social media platforms to send some thoughtful words to people you care about.
• The players have, of course, been keeping themselves as fit as possible throughout the pandemic – the manager has been in regular contact as you’d expect. They are eager to get back into daily team training.
• Following our announcement, only five people requested their 19/20 season ticket refund – we’re sincerely grateful to all season ticket holders who have allowed us to keep their proportion of the money that was owed back to them.
• We’ve put our season tickets on sale as you know, as of today we’ve sold just over 100. Thank you to everyone who has purchased so far.
• Our appreciation goes to all fans who have purchased from the online shop over the last 10 weeks, we’ve had over 600 orders, our flash sales have produced vital revenue and we’ve tried our best to get all orders out in timely fashion – Royal Mail permitting!
• Player sponsorships have been put on sale and we’ve had a huge take up, so thank you for supporting with this initiative. You can still reserve these online.
We hope this update has been informative and we will, of course, continue to keep you informed as best we can in the hope that we’ll be welcoming you back to The Shay in the not-too-distant future.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town