FC HALIFAX TOWN
Job Title: Goalkeeping Coach – FC Halifax Town
Reporting to: Football Director & Head Coach
Salary Range: Paid Part Time Position
Application deadline: 16/11/17
FC Halifax Town are seeking to appoint a part time Youth Team Goalkeeping Coach to support the strategic development and provide high quality coaching to scholars within the FC Halifax Town Youth Team programme.
Reporting to the Head of Youth Football Development at FC Halifax Town and Youth Team Head Coach, the post holder will be responsible for planning and delivering two goalkeeping sessions each week in line with the training cycle and style of play.
With strong leadership and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop players. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of FC Halifax Town and have an impact on the development of the youth team players at the club.
- Preferable qualifications: Level 3 Coaching Certificate, Goalkeeping UEFA B Licence, FA Youth Award, CRB, FA Safeguarding Children workshop completed and FA Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Experience/success in preparing adult or youth team goalkeepers for competitive football.
- Experience of working with 16-19 year old players and ability to effectively communicate with this age group.
- A proven track record of player development.
- Understanding of sports science into athlete preparation.
- Understanding of being part of building a winning team culture.
- Communicating effectively.
- Knowledge of coaching principles and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of local clubs would be beneficial.
- Work closely with the Head of Youth Football Development and Head Youth Team Coach to ensure the continuous development of all youth team goalkeepers registered with the Club.
- Plan and deliver a minimum of two weekly sessions (Monday and Friday afternoon) in accordance with coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club.
- Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provides feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
- Support youth team GKs with match reviews to monitor performance, progress and areas for improvement. Report to the Head of Youth Football Development and Head Youth Team Coach the development and progression of all youth team goalkeepers registered with the club.
- Responsible for undertaking all administrative tasks associated with the position such a registers, session planning logs and player appraisals.
- Support with recruitment and longer term progression of goalkeepers.
- Potential to develop the role including youth team fixtures and additional sessions within our developing Academy programme.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on Thursday 16th November 2017.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town