FC HALIFAX TOWN
Job Title: Goalkeeping Coach – FC Halifax Town
Hours: Paid Part Time Position
FC Halifax Town are seeking to appoint a part time Youth Team Goalkeeping Coach to provide high quality coaching to scholars within the FC Halifax Town Youth Team programme.
Reporting to the Head of Youth Football Development at FC Halifax Town and Youth Team Head Coach, the post holder will be responsible for planning and delivering two-three goalkeeping sessions each week in line with the training cycle and style of play.
With strong leadership and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop players.
- Preferable qualifications: UEFA B, Goalkeeping UEFA B Licence
- FA Safeguarding Children workshop completed and First Aid Certificate
- Experience/success in preparing adult or youth team goalkeepers for competitive football.
- Experience of working with 15-23 year old players and ability to effectively communicate with this age group.
- Understanding of sports science into athlete preparation.
- Work closely with the Head of Youth Football Development and Head Youth Team Coach to ensure the continuous development of all youth team goalkeepers registered with the Club.
- Plan and deliver two-three weekly sessions in accordance with coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club
- Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provides feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
- Support youth team GKs with match reviews to monitor performance, progress and areas for improvement.
- Support with recruitment and longer-term progression of goalkeepers.
- Potential to develop the role including youth team fixtures and additional sessions within our developing Academy programme.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on Monday 28th September 2020.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist