Here are some things you may or may now know about our visitors tomorrow night Harrogate Town were formed in 1914, with the club originally being named Harrogate AFC.
- The club’s first competitive fixture was a home game against Horsforth. The game finished 1-0 to Harrogate.
- Wetherby Road is the current home of Harrogate. Opened on the 28th of August 1920, the ground has an official capacity of 4,000.
- Simon Weaver is Harrogate’s current manager. He took over on the 20th of May 2009.
- There is a father-son partnership between the chairman and the manager, as Simon Weaver’s dad Irving owns the club.
- Last season, Harrogate finished second in the Vanarama National League North, beating Brackley 3-0 at home in the playoff final.
- Former Halifax striker Danny Holland is Harrogate’s all-time top league goal scorer. He managed to score 72 league goals for the club.
- Dave Merris currently holds the record for the most league appearances made by a Harrogate player, as he managed to make 303 league appearances.
- The 5th of April 1969 saw Harrogate record their largest ever victory, as they managed to beat Micklefield 13-0.
- Former Leeds United and England midfielder David Batty has previously served on the Harrogate board in the role of vice-president.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town