FC Halifax Town Academy and Youth Team are always looking to identify talent and develop the future generation of players. As part of our youth team recruitment strategy we are inviting trial applications for players in the under 16 age group (school year 11).
For the 2020/21 season successful players will join an U16 training group with weekly training sessions and a games programme.
Ultimately the purpose of these sessions is to facilitate progression to our Youth Team programme where players will receive a two-year scholarship with FC Halifax Town and will combine studying towards a BTEC Sport qualification with full time professional football training. The programme includes:
- Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup, National League Academy League and U23 Development League.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
- Education: 12 hours of theoretical study following the BTEC Sport qualification.
If you are currently in school year 11 (U16), live within reasonable travelling distance and believe you have the ambition to progress as a player register your interest to attend our open trial using this LINK.
The trial is scheduled to take place on Monday 19th and/or 26th October – full details will be forwarded on receipt of your registration form.
Our youth team programme is developing a strong reputation for its professionalism and player development, most notably; Carl Rushworth (England U20 & Brighton FC) and Jay Benn (FC Halifax Town first team).
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist