Following FC Halifax Town’s impressive point against 3rd in the table Wrexham, the Shaymen welcome Ebbsfleet United to the MBi Shay Stadium on Saturday February 17.
Town are looking to build some momentum in the hope that they can create some daylight between themselves and the relegation zone, after results of late have not been particularly impressive.
Halifax are yet to pick up a league victory in 2018 and their last win in the league was on December 23, when they comfortably defeated Chester 4-0. This means that the Shaymen have gone seven league games without a win.
Although Halifax’s league form has not been great recently, the same can be said about Ebbsfleet. The Fleet have only picked up two victories in their last eight league games.
One of those victories came in their last game against Solihull Moors, therefore the away side will enter the tie boasting the superior recent form.
Here are some pre-match stats prior to the game:
- Ebbsfleet United have not scored a goal in their previous two away games.
- A win for Halifax can potentially create an eight-point gap between themselves and the bottom three, whereas victory for Ebbsfleet could see them move within three points off the play-off positions.
- Ebbsfleet have been the more prolific side this campaign. They have scored 42 compared to Halifax’s 33.
- The Shaymen’s top scorer this season is Tom Denton with 10 goals and Danny Kedwell is top of the charts for Ebbsfleet with 11.
- Halifax have kept more clean sheets this term than their opponents. The Shaymen have kept 12 compared to Ebbsfleet’s 10.
- 11 points separate the two opposing sides.
- Town have used 29 players altogether this season in comparison to Ebbsfleet’s 25.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town