Ahead of Saturday’s clash with Ebbsfleet United, here’s 10 things that you may or
may not know about the side from Kent…
1. Their nickname is The Fleet.
2. Their home Stonebridge Road holds a capacity of 4,769.
3. They were formerly known as Gravesend & Northfleet FC until 2007-08 when they were renamed as Ebbsfleet.
4. Between 2008 and 2013, the club was owned by the web-based venture
MyFootballClub, whose members voted on player transfers, budgets and ticket prices among other things instead of those decisions being made exclusively by the club’s management and staff as at most other clubs.
5. Their owners are from Kuwait.
6. Between 1969 and 1971, football manager Roy Hodgson played in defence for The Fleet.
7. In 2008, they became the first team from Kent to win The FA Trophy, after beating Torquay United 1-0.
8. Ebbsfleet have three international footballers amongst their ranks – Sam Magri
plays for Malta, Myles Weston plays for Antigua & Barbuda while Ebou Adams plays for Gambia.
9. Striker Danny Kedwell is also Ebbsfleet’s academy manager!
10. Kedwell is The Fleet’s current top scorer so far this season with six goals.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town