Here’s 10 things that you may or may not know about Dagenham & Redbridge…
- The club was formed in 1992 through a merger between Redbridge Forest and Dagenham.
- The club is part owned by former Everton and Manchester United goalkeeper Tim Howard.
- The Chigwell Construction Stadium has a capacity of 6,078.
- Manager Peter Taylor played four times for England in his playing days.
- He also managed the side for one game in caretaker charge – a 1-0 defeat to Italy in Turin in 2000.
- Taylor also managed England’s Under 21 side on two occasions – 1996-1999 & 2004-2007.
- The club’s first fully capped international whilst playing for Dagenham & Redbridge was Jon Nurse who was capped for Barbados against Dominica in 2008.
- In 2001, Dagenham’s Tony Roberts became the first goalkeeper to score in FA Cup history.
- Roberts is also the club’s record appearance maker.
- Danny Shipp is the club’s record goal scorer with 105 goals.
Read more posts by Jack Booth