1. Chorley FC was founded in 1883 after beginning as a rugby club for seven years.
2. Summer signing Stephen Jordan made over 50 league appearances for Manchester City.
3. Southampton-born Hong Kong international defender Andrew Russell featured for Chorley in 2010.
4. One of the club directors at Chorley is former Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers stalwart, Garry Flitcroft.
5. The Lancashire side have played at their Victory Park ground since 1920.
6. The club’s highest attendance was an impressive 15,153 against Preston North End in an FA Cup tie, played at Blackburn Rovers’ Ewood Park in 1986. Their record gate at Victory Park is 9,679, against Darwen in the FA Cup in 1932.
7. Manager Matt Jansen has been at the helm since 2015, and featured for Blackburn, Bolton and Crystal Palace during his playing days.
8. The club’s last major trophy was their 2014 triumph in the Northern Premier League, winning the title by a point over FC United.
9. During their successful 2013/14 campaign, the team scored 107 goals, none more than in a 13-1 drubbing of bottom side Droylsden in April 2014.
10. The club’s all-time record goalscorer is striker Peter Watson – his gargantuan 372 goals for Chorley were bagged between 1958 and 1966.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist