1. Recently appointed Chester FC manager Steve Burr ended his senior playing career at Halifax Town before embarking on his first managerial role with Nuneaton Borough in 2001
2. The Roman name for Chester was Deva (hence the name Deva Stadium).
3. Since re-forming in 2010 Chester have scored over 100 league goals in their last three seasons. 2010/11 (107) 2011/12 (102) 2012/13 (103) that is a coMBined total of 312 league goals.
4. The Deva Stadium straddles both the English-Welsh border with the actual ground and pitch situated in Flintshire, Wales.
5. Chester FC is owned by its club supporters, City Fans United.
6. The original Chester FC was founded in 1885 before changing its name to Chester City in 1893. Chester City were officially wound up in March 2010.
7. Chester FC finished four places and 32 points above FC Halifax Town in the Conference North last year.
8. Whilst at Chester, the now retired former Manchester United defender Danny Higginbotham represented Gibraltar in their first ever FIFA recognised friendly. Drawing 0-0 with Slovakia in Faro, Portugal.
9. Club captain George Horan has been skipper since the team’s establishment in 2010.
10. Chester has the oldest race course in the country.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist