Ahead of FC Halifax Town’s away trip to Barnet on Tuesday, we’ll look at 10 things you may, or may not know about our hosts.
- The club known as The Bees were founded in 1888.
- Current manager Darren Currie is the nephew of former Sheffield United, Leeds and England footballer, Tony Currie. Darren also had a successful playing career.
- A former player/manager of the club is Dutch legend, Edgar Davids.
- Barnet moved into their current ground, The Hive, in 2013 after 106 years at Underhill.
- The Hive has a capacity of 6,500. Its record attendance 6,215 occurred during the 3-3 draw with Brentford in January of 2019.
- Barnet’s Harry and Jack Taylor are brothers.
- The Bees largest victory came in 1970 when they beat Burton Albion 10-0 in the Southern League Premier Division.
- They have won the Conference a record 3 times. In 1990/91, 2004,05 and 2014/15.
- Some notable players that went on to have successful careers after Barnet include, Yannick Bolasie, Jason Puncheon, Dougie Freedman and Marlon King.
- Some players that went to Barnet towards the end of their careers include Jimmy Greaves, Mark Lawrenson and Alan Pardew.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town