Here’s 10 things that you may or may not know about Aldershot Town…
- Aldershot Town were formed in 1992.
- Their ground, The Recreation Ground (now known as The Electrical Services Stadium) has a capacity of 7,100.
- The club’s blue and red home strip reflects the garrison town’s relationship with The British Army.
- Forward Harry Panayiotou is a capped international player with Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- Aldershot achieved their first promotion to the Football League in 2007-08.
- During their promotion winning season, Aldershot achieved a fifth-tier record by winning 31 games during the league campaign.
- They also achieved a then-record points total of 101 points in the Conference Premier.
- Aldershot’s highest league position is 6th in League Two, which they achieved in 2009-10.
- Jason Chewins is Aldershot’s record appearance maker, having made 489 appearances for The Shots between 1994-2004.
- Mark Butler is The Shots’ record goal scorer. He scored 155 goals for the club between 1992-1998.
Read more posts by Jack Booth