Ahead of Saturday’s trip down to Aldershot, here’s 10 facts that you might not know about The Shots…
- Aldershot were the first club to fold in the football league in 1992 since Accrington Stanley in 1962.
- Aldershot Town FC were champions in their first season in the Isthmian League Division 3, with only losing 1 game the whole season.
- Their record selling of a player was £130,000 from Crew Alexandra Joel Grant in 2008.
- The club record highest purchase is £30,000 for Woking FC for Grant Payne in November 1999.
- They were promoted back in football league in 2007 after a 17-year long period since they folded.
- The Shots play in the Recreation Ground stadium which has a capacity of 7,100
- The player with the most appearances for the Shots is Jason Chewins who made 489 appearances in 1994 to 2004.
- The highest goal scorer is Mark Butler with a 155 in the period of 1992–1998 (updated 2014)
- Their highest place in the FA Cup is the fourth round where they lost to Middlesbrough FC 2-1.
- Their current manager has a 44.79%-win rate since take the club from 2016
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town