1. Former Aldershot man Jason Chewins holds the record for the most number of appearances for the club, playing 489 times between August 1994 and May 2004. This led to the left-back being the first and, to date, only player to receive a testimonial match, which was played against Portsmouth in July 2004.
2. Joel Grant is the club’s record transfer, when he was sold to Crewe in 2008 for £130,000.
3. The club’s sponsor for its first season in 1992 was ‘Pam’s Florist’.
4. Aldershot boss Andy Scott is the brother of Rob, who made six appearances for the Shaymen between 2007 and 2008.
5. Aldershot’s Recreation Ground has a capacity of 7,100, thought once hosted over 19,000 in 1970 in an FA Cup tie against Carlisle United.
6. As of November 2011, Aldershot have entered a competition between several clubs to win £100,000 to refurbish their toilet facilities at the Recreation Ground and are actively seeking votes from supporter
7. Chelsea’s reserve team play the majority of their games at Recreation Ground.
8. The Beatles once played in front of just 18 people at Aldershot’s Palais Ballroom in 1961.
9. Aldershot entered administration in 2013, but were saved with financial help from Chelsea FC.
10. Notable residents of Aldershot include Sherlock and The Hobbit actor Martin Freeman, former Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch and Professional Darts player James Wade.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist