Here’s 10 things that you may or may not know about Wrexham…
- The club were formed in 1864.
- Having being formed in 1864, Wrexham are the oldest club in Wales.
- The Racecourse Ground holds 10,771.
- The Racecourse Ground is the world’s oldest international football stadium.
- Manager Bryan Hughes came through the youth ranks at Wrexham, making his professional debut for the club in 1994.
- Wrexham’s biggest league win came in 1962 when they beat Hartlepool United 10-1!
- The game was also memorable as it was the first Football League game in which 3 separate players scored a hat trick in the same game.
- Arfon Griffiths is Wrexham’s record appearance maker with 592 games between 1959-1979.
- Tommy Bamford has the most league goals for Wrexham, notching 174 goals between 1928-1934.
- Since 2011, Wrexham have been owned by the supporters.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town