FC HALIFAX TOWN & CALDERDALE COLLEGE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE PROGRAMME
Job Title: Lead Team Coach – FC Halifax Town and Calderdale College Centre of Excellence Programme
Location: Calderdale College
Reporting to: Football Director & Football Development Officer
Qualifications: Level 3 Coaching Certificate FA Youth Award CRB FA Safeguarding
Children workshop completed FA Emergency First Aid Certificate Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
Salary Range: Part time – hourly rate dependent upon experience
Application deadline: 16th July 2017 (interviews week commencing 31st July)
FC Halifax Town and Calderdale College Centre of Excellence are seeking to appoint a Team coach to support the strategic development and provide high quality coaching to players within the centre of excellence programme in partnership with Calderdale College.
Reporting to the Head of Youth Football Development at FC Halifax Town and the Football Development officer the post holder will be responsible for coaching centre of excellence players and support the development of the programme in order to ensure continued player development.
With strong leadership, management and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop players. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of FC Halifax Town/Calderdale College Football and Education partnership and have an impact on the development of the youth team players at the club.
Job purpose: To lead and ensure the strong delivery of coaching sessions inline with the clubs philosophy of player development, to support the development of the infrastructure to ensure the delivery of a high level programme. Our programme requires strong coaching to build on our systems, processes, development structure to create a winning team culture
Success profile: The following set out the competency profile of the ‘ideal’ candidate for this role. Applicants are not required to have all elements.
• Experience/success in preparing adult or youth team footballers for competitive football.
• Experience of working with 16-19 year old players and ability to effectively communicate with this age group.
• A proven track record of player development.
• Preferable UEFA B qualification and FA Youth Award.• Understanding of sports science into athlete preparation.
• Understanding of being part of building a winning team culture.• Communicating effectively.
• Knowledge of coaching principles and techniques.• In-depth knowledge of local clubs would be beneficial.
1. Coaching of the Centre of Excellence team
2. Plan and deliver session plans in accordance with coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club and College.
3. Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provide feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
4. Organise the team on match days, kit and equipment appropriate for fixtures.
5. Ensure health and safety protocols are followed in relation to travel and fixtures.
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on 16/07/17.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist