FC HALIFAX TOWN
Job Title: Academy and Community Coach
Reporting to: Football Director
Qualifications: Level 2 or 3 Coaching Certificate FA Youth Award or working towards Enhance Disclosure FA Safeguarding Children workshop completed FA Emergency First Aid Certificate Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
Hours: 12 hours each week
Application deadline: 12/09/16
FC Halifax Town are seeking to appoint a coMBined academy and community coach to support the strategic development and provide high quality coaching to players within the existing junior programme.
Reporting to the Head of Football Development at FC Halifax Town, the post holder will be responsible for coaching players aged 5-16s within the club’s development centres and academy programme ensuring continued player development. In addition, lead sessions in local schools and support the delivery of community initiatives during home fixtures.
With strong leadership, management and organisational skills in addition to a proven coaching background the candidate will be able to inspire, champion and develop players. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of FC Halifax Town, impact upon the local community and the development of future players at the club.
Job purpose: To lead and ensure the strong delivery of coaching sessions inline with the clubs philosophy of player development, to support the development of the infrastructure to ensure the delivery of a high quality programme.
1. Plan and deliver sessions in local schools and for players ranging from 5-16 years in accordance with coaching syllabus and maintain accurate records of training in line with requirements of the Football Club.
2. Create an environment to enhance realistic progress in player development by setting realistic but challenging performance expectations, provide feedback and reinforcement, build confidence.
3. Ensure the efficient and effective operation of your sessions, responsible for equipment set up and security, where appropriate.
4. Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are complied with at all times.
5. Lead coaching and community initiatives on home match day fixtures.
6. Responsible for undertaking all administrative tasks associated with the position such a registers, attendance patterns and session planning logs.
7. Support with recruitment, retention and longer term progression of players.
8. Assist in the communication and promotion of the clubs services.
9. Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers.
10. Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is at 5.00pm on 12/09/16.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist