Following the trip to Eastleigh, FC Halifax Town now welcome Sutton to the MBi Shay this weekend.
The Shaymen picked up a point to take on the long trip home to the Shay after securing a respectable 0-0 draw at the Silverlake Stadium.
This was Town’s third draw in their last eight games, after the impressive 1-1 draw at then-table toppers Wrexham and the 0-0 draw against Maidenhead, also on the road.
With the win over Hartlepool two games ago, this puts the Shaymen in relatively good form going into this game, with two clean sheets in their last two fixtures.
However, at home, Halifax’s form has been a bit choppy, with one win and three losses in their last four games, conceding eight goals in these fixtures.
Sutton, on the other hand, boast a superb away record as of late, with three wins and one draw in their last four, including a big win against Dover.
In their last eight games in general, they are unbeaten, with five wins and three draws, the most recent being the 4-0 demolition of Guiseley at the weekend.
What could be comforting for Town fans is that Sutton have only kept clean sheets in three of these eight games.
Let’s look at some more pre-match stats ahead of this fixture:
1. Halifax have conceded a home goal in 71% of their games at the Shay this season.
2. Another stat which may worry home fans, is that Sutton have scored in each of their last eight games in the National League.
3. Also, Sutton have scored at least one goal in 81% of their away games.
4. In the home table, Halifax’s efforts at the Shay see them sit in 16th, with 22 points from 17 games.
5. Sutton, on the other hand, find themselves second in the away table, picking up a remarkable 34 points from their 18 games on the road.
6. In terms of goals scored, both sides are fairly even. At the Shay, Town have scored 23 goals. Sutton, however, have scored 27 goals in away fixtures this season.
7. Sutton boast the better clean sheet record, too, having kept a blank in 39% of their fixtures on the road. Halifax, at the Shay, have kept a clean sheet in 29% of their games.
8. Sutton’s recent results actually sees them top the form table, picking up 18 points from their last possible 24 in the National League.
9. In terms of goals scored overall, Sutton are 6th in the offense table, netting 54 goals in 35 games. Halifax, however, sit in 19th with 36 goals scored in 35 games.
10. On the other hand, in terms of defence, Halifax are 14th in the defence table conceding 46 goals in 35 games. Sutton are 8th in this table, conceding 39 goals in 35 games.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town