FC Halifax Town and Jamie Fullarton will be looking to extend their unbeaten run to six games as they take on relegation battlers Solihull Moors at the Shay.
Halifax have hit a superb run of form as of late, only losing two of their last eight games, suffering defeats against Ebbsfleet and Leyton Orient.
However, the Shaymen have picked up impressive wins against Hartlepool and Dagenham and Redbridge, including a resounding 3-1 win over Woking.
Coupled with draws over Eastleigh and a strong performance to clinch a 1-1 draw against then table-toppers Wrexham, sees Town now seven points clear of the relegation zone.
Solihull have also been on a good run of form as of late as they also attempt to distance themselves from the drop zone.
In fact, The Moors have an identical record to the Shaymen in their last eight games, with three wins, three draws and two losses.
Their most recent fixture saw them come away with a solid 2-0 win at home to Bromley which edges them ever closer to safety.
Mark Yates’ side can also boast victories against Dagenham and Dover, edging the latter in a thrilling 3-2 win thanks to a late Alex Reid goal.
Solihull have suffered 1-0 defeats to both Sutton and Ebbsfleet however, like the Shaymen, they also picked up an inspiring 0-0 draw against Wrexham.
Draws against Torquay and Gateshead round off a strong start to 2018 for the relegation threatened side, heaping mounds of importance on this fixture against the Shaymen.
Let’s look at some more pre-match stats ahead of this clash against The Moors:
- Halifax Town currently find themselves 16th in the home table, picking up 25 points from their 18 games at the Shay.
- Solihull, on the other hand, currently lie in 21st in the away table, only managing 15 points from their 19 games on the road in the National League this season.
- Home form for the Shaymen slightly edges the away form of Solihull, with Town picking up six points from the last possible twelve at home.
- In comparison, Solihull Moors have picked up just four points from a possible twelve from their last four away games.
- Halifax Town have conceded a goal in 72% of their games at the Shay this season.
- However, The Moors have conceded a goal in a staggering 95% of their away games this campaign.
- Halifax just edge the attacking statistics in the National League this season, scoring 42 goals in the league.
- Solihull cannot quite match these goals scoring feats, scoring 40 goals themselves.
- Defensively, Halifax also have the advantage going into the game, having only conceded 49 goals this season.
- Yates’ side, however, have conceded four more goals, letting in a total of 53 goals in their 38 games played.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town