Saturday the 3rd of November see’s FC Halifax Town travel away to National League newcomers, Havant & Waterlooville. The side from Hampshire beat Maidenhead United 7-0 in their last fixture whilst Halifax managed a 0-0 draw away at Solihull Moors in their last outing.
To get you up to speed with the side currently sitting in 22nd place, here are 10 things to know about Havant & Waterlooville.
- One of the youngest teams in the league, Havant & Waterlooville formed 20 years ago in 1998 when Havant Town and Waterlooville merged together
- In their first season as Havant & Waterlooville they won the Southern League Southern Division under the guidance of former Crystal Palace and Portsmouth defender Billy Gilbert.
- The clubs nickname is ‘The Hawks’ and they play their home games at West Leigh Park
- The first time the club met a Football League side in a competitive match was in 2006-07 when they played Millwall losing 2-1 in a ‘home’ game that was played at Fratton Park
- The side played Premier League side Liverpool FC at Anfield in the fourth round of the FA Cup in 2007-08 and lead the Reds twice before eventually losing 5-2
- In June 2011 the club played foreign opposition, losing 7-0 to Real Betis after the Spanish club had been scheduled to play Portsmouth but Pompey found themselves unable to participate
- The club was promoted to the National League this year after winning the National League South 2017-18 title
- The top appearance maker for The Hawks is James Taylor with 297 outings, Taylor is also the sides top scorer with 138 strikes
- The club have had two internationals in their history with former striker Richard Pacquette making two appearances for Dominica and former right back Jake Newton turning out for Guyana 26 times
- The club has achieved back to back promotions in recent seasons as they won the Isthmian Football League Premier Division to be promoted to the National League South, before winning that league to make it into the National League.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town