After FC Halifax Town’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Ebbsfleet United last Saturday, they now welcome Hartlepool United to the MBi Shay Stadium on Tuesday February 20.
It is pivotal that Town begin to pick up some points after another defeat, as they are slowly slipping towards the relegation zone. Following the Ebbsfleet result, it means that the Shaymen have now gone eight league games without a victory.
December 23 remains the last time Town were victorious in a league match, when they emphatically defeated Chester 4-0.
Similarly, to Halifax, Hartlepool’ s run of form recently has been very poor. Although they won their last game against Woking 3-2, prior to that they had not won a game in the league since November 21. That victory was against FC Halifax Town.
Only two points separate the two sides and three points will be massive to either team, as their form of late has not been great.
Here are some pre-match stats prior to the game:
- Although they have only won one game in their last five, Hartlepool have scored 9 goals in that time.
- A win for Halifax can potentially create a five-point gap between themselves and the bottom three and would also see them overtake Hartlepool in the league.
- Only two points and two league positions separate the two opposing sides.
- Hartlepool have scored slightly more goals that their opponents, having scored 38 in comparison to Halifax’s 34.
- Neither side competed in the National League last season, Halifax won promotion from the National League North, whereas Hartlepool were relegated from league two in dramatic fashion.
- Both teams sport a negative goal difference this season. Town’s currently stands at -12 and Pools’ is -9.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town