We look at our next visitors Dagenham & Redbridge to the MBi Shay Stadium
- The club was only formed in 1992 following the merger of Dagenham and Redbridge Forest. Redbridge Forest are thought to have been founded around 1881.
- Managed by former footballer John Still, he has been in management since 1976 and is currently on his third stint of managing Dagenham & Redbridge.
- Nicknamed the Daggers
- Although they currently participate in the National League, the Daggers have spent time in League One, the third tier of English football. However, it was not a season to remember for the club, as they finished 21st and were subsequently relegated after one season.
- Play their home matches at Victoria Road. It was opened in 1917 and has a capacity of 6078.
- Goalkeeper Tony Roberts played 507 times for the club and was the first goalkeeper in the history of the FA Cup to have scored a goal from open play.
- They hold the joint record for the highest scoring penalty shootout in professional football history. They defeated Leyton Orient 14-13. It was later equalled when Liverpool defeated Middlesbrough by the same score-line in 2014.
- Danny Shipp is the clubs’ record goal-scorer, scoring 105 goals over the course of nine years.
- The traditional colours of the club are red and blue and this symbolises the colours of Dagenham and Redbridge Forest.
- In the reverse fixture this season, the Daggers defeated FC Halifax Town 3-1.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town