FC Halifax Town will play Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday 18th August as Jamie Fullarton’s side look to maintain their positive start to the season.
Here are ten things to note about the visiting side on Saturday:
- The Daggers were formed in 1992, through a merge between Redbridge Forest and Dagenham, and this is merger is shown through the club’s mixing of red and blue on the club’s crest and shirts.
- The 2006/07 season saw Dagenham promoted to the Football League for the first time after becoming Conference Champions.
- The 2009/10 season marked even more success for The Daggers after they were promoted for the first time to League One. They achieved this by beating Rotherham United in a dramatic 3–2 playoff final at Wembley on 30th May 2010, where they took the lead twice in the game before conceding shortly after. Jon Nurse scored the final goal.
- Dagenham finished in 11th place in the 2017/18 season in the National League, with a final tally of 68 points.
- The London club play their home games at Victoria Road, which has a capacity of 6,078.
- The Daggers are managed by former England winger and Crystal Palace manager, Peter Taylor.
- Dagenham & Redbridge have had six different managers since they formed in 1992.
- The Daggers’ record margin of victory was in the Conference in the 1993/94 season where they thrashed Woking, 8-1.
- The club has won the Essex Seniors Cup in the seasons of 1997/98 and 2000/01.
- Michael Cheek was Dagenham’s top scorer last season after scoring 13 goals.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town