FC Halifax Town will be facing Dagenham & Redbridge in the Emirates FA Cup 1st Round replay, here’s 10 things you maybe didn’t know about Tuesday’s opponents.
1) Nicknamed the Daggers, they originally formed in 1992 following a merger between Redbridge Forest and Dagenham, the club who they ground-shared with.
2) Their first ever result came in the shape of an 8-0 victory over Great Wakering Rovers in a friendly.
3) Although they were officially born twenty-four years ago, history of the club can be traced back to 1881.
4) Their current manager John Still, was their first ever boss in 1992. Managing the club on three separate occasions for a coMBined number of 11 years.
5) Despite being amongst the youngest football clubs in the country, our opponents were promoted to The Football League just 14 years after being formed.
6) In May 2010, Dagenham & Redbridge claimed the record for biggest win in a play-off game. Despite turning over Morecambe 6-0, they lost the return leg 2-1.
7) Fairly well decorated in their short history, the London-based club won the National League in 2006/07, and the League Two Play-Off Final in 2009/10. Spending a solitary single season in League One.
8) In April 2000, the Daggers claimed the Ryman League title and promotion back to the conference with just nine players on the field of play and striker Mark Keen as goalkeeper.
9) Their highest appearance maker, goalkeeper Tony Roberts, is thought to be the only keeper to be sent off in the opposition penalty box in the FA Cup. He also scored in their 2001 tie at Basingstoke in the same competition. The magic of the cup.
10) And finally, the Daggers will arrive at the MBi Shay coming off the back of a 5-0 home defeat to Gateshead.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist