FC Halifax Town start pre-season games tomorrow with the short trip to local neighbours Brighouse Town.
Here is 10 facts about tomorrow’s hosts:
- The distance from the Shay Stadium to St Giles Road is only 5 miles and a 15 minute car journey.
- St Giles Road has a capacity of 1000, in which 100 people can be seated.
- They are currently members of the Northern Premier League Division One North and finished in 9th place last season.
- The club was established in 1963 as the works team of the Blakeborough Valve Company.
- In 1988 Brighouse assumed their current name due to the company that formed the club closing down.
- The record attendance the club has ever had is when 1059 people came out to watch them play Scarborough Athletic in 2013.
- Simply nicknamed ‘Town’.
- The last time these two clubs met was in another friendly in 2016. The Shaymen came out on top, winning 8-1.
- Former Harrogate Town first team coach, Vill Powell, is the clubs’ manager.
- The Division One North of the Northern Premier League is the highest division the club has competed in, and won promotion to this division after winning the Premier Division in 2014.
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town