FC Halifax Town look to continue their good start to their 2018/19 league campaign by travelling to Hertfordshire’s Boreham Wood FC.
The Shaymen travel to Meadow Park on Saturday the 25th looking at the opportunity of back to back wins after their 2-1 triumph over Dagenham and Redbridge last week.
Get yourselves up to scratch on knowing Boreham Wood FC with these 10 Facts:
- The club were established in 1948 as a merger between Boreham Rovers and Royal Retournez
- They lost 2-1 to Tranmere Rovers in the Play Off final last year after finishing 4th following a successful league campaign
- 32 year old manager Luke Garrard was appointed in 2015 when he was 29 which made him the youngest coach in all of England’s top five divisions at the time
- The club is captained my Mark Ricketts who came up through the youth ranks of Charlton Athletic
- The club previously played at Eldon Avenue before moving to their current stadium Meadow Park in 1963
- After their formation the club joined the Parthenon League in 1951 which covers Greater London and the surrounding areas
- They beat Football League opposition for the first time in 2017/18 after defeating Blackpool 2-1 in the FA Cup first round
- Their best performance in a cup competition came when they progressed to the semi-final of the FA Trophy in 2005/06
- They recorded their highest ever league finish after they found themselves finishing 4th last year
- The club’s local rivals are National League South side St Albans City.
Read more posts by Jack Green