FC Halifax Town can confirm the date for an open evening at Calderdale College (Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3UZ) on Thursday 30th May, 6pm.
If you would be interested in finding out further information and to confirm your attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The open evening will provide the opportunity to find out further information about our youth team scholarship, ask questions, meet staff, see our facilities.
Successful players will be given a two-year scholarship with FC Halifax Town and will combine studying towards a BTEC in Sport with full time professional football training. Players will also have the opportunity to compete in the National League Youth Alliance, U21 league and the prestigious FA Youth Cup. The programme includes:
- Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
- Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
- Speed training: a weekly bespoke speed session.
- Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup and the National League Youth Alliance.
- Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
- Education: 12 hours of theoretical study following the BTEC Sport qualification.
There are many benefits and pathways leading on from success on our programme. Our ultimate ambition is to create a programme that will give young players the best possible chance of progressing towards our first team. In addition the education pathway offers a fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications and gives an insight into the football and sports industry providing the opportunity to enhance skills and career potential.
As a club we have growing reputation for developing talented players and assisting their progress into the Premiership and Football Leagues’ with players such as Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Lee Gregory (Millwall) and Marc Roberts (Barnsley). The success of our own youth programme has been emphasised by players progressing into the professional game; Carl Rushworth (Brighton), number of youth team players offered first year professional contracts with the senior squad and excellent progress in the FA Youth Cup.
Read more posts by Kelly Gilchrist