FC Halifax Town will entertain Aldershot Town at home on Saturday in our next Vanarama National League Game.
Here are 10 things you may or now know about our visitors.
- Aldershot Town were formed in 1992 and in their first season won the Isthmian League Division Three title.
- The club today descends from the former club Aldershot FC which fell into heavy debts.
- They are nicknamed the Shots.
- The club play their home games at The EBB Stadium which has a capacity of 7100.
- Their current manager is the experienced Gary Waddock who has represented the Republic of Ireland in the international stage.
- Their best performance was reaching the English Football League Two playoffs during the 2009/10 season losing to Rotherham United in the semi-final.
- Last season Aldershot finished 5th in the Vanarama National League losing to Tranmere Rovers in the semi-final.
- The club play in red, blue and white which reflect the garrision town’s association with the British Army.
- Aldershot’s main rivals are considered to be Reading FC.
- Aldershot is located in Hampshire and is known for being the “Home of the British Army”
Read more posts by FC Halifax Town