The Vanarama National League returns on the first day of the New Year and FC Halifax Town will be looking to get off to a bright start in 2018 as they face Macclesfield Town for the second time in less than a week. Here are some stats that are worth noting ahead of this fixture:
- Macclesfield have been on scintillating form of late, currently undefeated in nine games.
- Halifax have managed to turn their previous poor run of form around, only suffering one defeat in their last four fixtures.
- There is some distance between both teams in the National League this season, with Macclesfield currently leading the National League by five points, whereas Halifax sit in 14th
- Macclesfield look dangerous on the road this season and are currently undefeated in their last four away games.
- Both teams boast similar goal scoring records coming into this game, with Halifax scoring 30 goals at home compared to Macclesfield’s 34 goals in away games.
- Surprisingly, considered their position at the top of the table, Macclesfield only have the 13th most goals in the National League this season. Halifax occupy the 17th spot for goals scored.
- Macclesfield have currently picked up more away points than any other team in the league, with 26 from 13 games.
- Halifax at home, however, have the 14th best home record in the National League, earning 19 points from their 14 games at the Shay.
- Macclesfield have picked up more of their wins this season on their travels, picking up eight of their fifteen wins from away fixtures.
- Halifax however have picked up most of their wins at the Shay, with five of their eight total wins coming at home.
Read more posts by Matt Howitt