Mid-week games return to the Vanarama National League and it’s another away trip for FC Halifax Town who make the trip up north to face Hartlepool on Tuesday evening. Here are some pre-match stats for this upcoming fixture.
- Hartlepool recently ended their unbeaten run of 8 games when they lost 2-0 to Aldershot this weekend, their first loss since the 23rd September where they lost 2-1 to Eastleigh.
- Hartlepool currently sit 19th in the Home form table, picking up 12 points from 10 home games.
- Halifax, however, are 15th in the away form table, picking up 10 points from 10 away games this season.
- Halifax have only picked up a single point from their last four away games.
- Whereas Hartlepool have picked up 5 points from their last four home games, with a win and two draws.
- In the form table from the last 8 matches, Hartlepool and Halifax sit in 10th and 22nd
- Hartlepool sit in a respectable 7th position in terms of goals conceded in the National League this season, only conceding 19 in the 20 games they’ve played. Halifax sit a little lower in the table in 12th, conceding 24 in their 20 games so far.
- In terms of goals scored, both teams are in the bottom half of that table, with Halifax scoring 21 compared to Hartlepool’s 19.
- Hartlepool have conceded at least one goal in 80% of their home matches this season.
- The second half of this fixture should be one to watch, with Halifax and Hartlepool both scoring over 75% of their total goals this season in the second period of the game.
Read more posts by Matt Howitt