FC Halifax Town return to the MBi Shay Stadium this Saturday as they take on a tough Eastleigh side as both sides look to end their bad run of form. Here are some pre-match stats for the build up to this fixture:
- As mentioned, both sides are on a poor run of form, however Halifax’s is considerably worse with no wins in 9 compared to Eastleigh’s no wins in 4.
- In terms of home and away form, Halifax’s home form places them in 15th place, matched by Eastleigh who also sit in 15th in the away form table.
- A must win for both sides, as only one place and one point separates the teams. Halifax currently sit in 17th on 25 points, whereas Eastleigh are 18th with 24.
- Eastleigh’s defence has been leaking goals as of late, having conceded at least 1 in their last 12 and conceding at least 2 in their last 4.
- Halifax have failed to score in 43% of their games, compared to Eastleigh’s 33%.
- Halifax have won 40% of their home games, opposed to Eastleigh who have only won 20% of their away games this season.
- Halifax have picked up 15 points from games played at the Shay this season, with Eastleigh only managing to obtain 10 points on their travels.
- Halifax have scored 21 goals at home this season. Eastleigh, on the other hand, have scored 24 goals when on the road so far.
- In terms of goals conceded, Halifax edge it is having conceded 27 at home compared to Eastleigh who have let in 28 in their away fixtures.
- Halifax have scored 76% of their goals in the second half of fixtures in the Vanarama National League this season.
Read more posts by Matt Howitt