Following the 2-1 defeat to Leyton Orient on Tuesday, FC Halifax Town now must turn their attention to their next opposition who come in the form of Dagenham and Redbridge.
Both teams have what can only be described as poor form going into this fixture, with Halifax winning none of their last six whereas Dagenham have only managed one victory in their last half a dozen games.
Home and away records respectively are even, with Halifax winning one of their last four at home, this being the 4-0 demolition of Chester back in December. However, the Shaymen have lost the other three, thus only picking up three points from a possible twelve at the Shay recently.
Dagenham and Redbridge on the other hand have also only managed one win on their travels from their last four, an important 1-0 win against Barrow. A draw to Ebbsfleet and two defeats completes their last four away fixtures, proving just how similar these two sides are in terms of form.
Here are some more pre-match stats ahead of this must win fixture at the Shay:
- Dagenham and Redbridge have been leaking goals as of late in the league, conceding at least two in each of their last four matches.
- However, Halifax have also been struggling to stop the goals, with the Shaymen conceding at least one goal in 73% of their home matches.
- Defensively overall, however, the away side has conceded less goals in the league than Halifax, letting in 40 compared to the Shaymen’s 43.
- Offensively, too, the Daggers have a far superior goal scoring record in the National League, finding the net 48 times compared to Halifax’s 32.
- However, Dagenham struggle to score goals away from home with just 17 of their goals coming on the road this season.
- Dagenham like a late goal, with a third of their goals this season coming after the 75th minute, which could make for a nervy ending to this game.
- Halifax have a stronger clean sheet record at home in comparison to Dagenham’s away record. In 27% of their home games, the Shaymen do not concede a goal. The Daggers, though, only keep a clean sheet in 20% of their away fixtures.
- Halifax have picked up 19 points from their 15 home games at the Shay this season. Comparatively, Dagenham and Redbridge have picked up only 16 points from their 15 games in the National League.
- Regarding both side’s last eight games, Halifax are ahead in the form table, with eight points from their last eight, compared to Dagenham and Redbridge’s five points.
- Dagenham’s goal scoring efforts are one of the best in the league, scoring the 5th most goals in the National League this season.
Read more posts by Matt Howitt